Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mitch and NUAMES

Mitch’s First day of High School by Mitch and Mom

It all started this morning when my mom took the wrong turn and got on the freeway instead of  Woodscross where the bus was supposed to pick me up.  She let me out on the freeway entrance and I started walking to the bus stop as fast as I could.  I got a ride by the only person I knew going to NUAMES. 

We missed the bus and sped as fast we could to Bountiful High School where we also missed the bus.  We then drove at mach 5 to the next pick up which was Viewmont.  In the mean time, my mom was driving at mach 5 to the next freeway exit, ran a red light and sped back to find me.  She saw the NUAMES bus leave the highschool as she was still on the freeway trying to get to me.  When she got to the school I wasn’t there and she couldn’t figure out where I had gone as she saw that I had missed the bus.  She sped to Viewmont to make sure I was on the bus.  When she got there she was shocked to see me waiting for the bus.  She gave me my lunch and all was well.

On the way to school I had a sound track of odd kids making pokemon noises and talking about World of War Craft.  All of the other kids on the bus were talking about Mind Craft or Star Craft.  I was entering alien territory.

When we arrived at school I was about ready to shoot myself.  We started with period 5, English, not much to talk about there.  Next I had Digital Photography.  I am very excited about this class as we are learning everything about Photoshop.  I have an assignment to take 20 pictures of specific items for next weeks.

Next came lunch.  It is weird to have only two periods and then lunch.  I ate with the girl that gave me a ride to school, Witley, which is the weirdest name on earth.  There are lots of people with strange names at that school, one girl (im not making this up) her first name is Demo and last name is Lition.  Only at NUAMES.  She is a weird girl, so it fits ish.

After lunch I had math, gotta love math.  It is taught by a Russian lady who spells everything wrong on the board as she can’t speak the language too well.  We are guinea pigs in a new math class that has never been taught before.  Wish me luck.

Next came Engineering.  It is cool, we have an assignment to make a paper bridge to span between two boxes with no other materials than paper.  I am excited.

After school we had our First Robotic club class.  I am way excited the last group that did it won the state championship and went on to the world championship that is held in St. Louis and got 81st out of 83! It was U.S. and then all those Asian countries.    

After First Robotics the fun began.  First I couldn’t find a bus to take me to the Front Runner Train.  I called my mom but she didn’t want to drive all the way to Layton as they told her there was a bus that left from the school and I needed to figure it out.  This was about 3:15.  It took me a long time to figure out where the bus was.  So… the first bus took me in the wrong direction.  I stayed on the bus to loop back around to the school.  On the way back to the school we as we were driving along (I was the only passenger) a truck with a trailer on it was trying to turn and didn’t see us, we tried to swerve out of the way but it bashed into the back of us and we did a 180 and almost tipped over. My neck still hurts.

After all police in Utah came and I had to fill out 1000 forms about the accident (they wont be able to read them, have you seen my handwriting?) That took about an hour and a half.  Then I got on the same number bus and had to go all the way back where I turned around, waited another hour to get on a different bus that took me the front runner station.  On the way to the station we stopped at a train crossing and watched my train leave.  I was about 30 seconds late : (.  I had to wait another hour for the next train.

In the meantime (since I never called or texted my mom), she was calling the police to see what had happened to me.  She got a call about 6:00 from a police office who told her that my bus had been in an accident and he had my Park city ski pass. That’s all he told her.  If that police hadn’t called she wouldn’t have heard a thing from 3:30 until 8 when I finally got to Woodscross!  Lets pause and feel sorry for my mom who was going crazy wondering what happened to her little boy on his first day of high school!  My phone was dead and I didn’t want to use the little bit of batteries I had.  I wanted to save the battery so I could call when I finally got to Woodscross.  Poor mom

So at 8 I arrived safe and sound ish…, 5 ½ hours after school was out.  We went for ice cream and are now writing this note as not to forget my first day of High school!

1 comment: